Location: Located in Rift Valley, it borders Uasin Gishu County to the North, Kakamega and Vihiga Counties to the West, Kisumu County to the South, Kericho County to the South-East and Baringo County to the East.
Area (Km 2): 2,884 Km 2
Population Density: 261 people per Km 2
County Capital: Kapsabet
Number of Constituencies: 4 (Aldai, Emgwen, Mosop, Tinderet)
Highest: 82% (1992 Elections)
Lowest: 63% (2002 Elections)
Poverty Level: 47.4 %
Resources: Arable Land
Main Economic Activities/industries: Agriculture
CRA Allocation: 2,340,211,681
Number of Institutions: Primary (443), Secondary (80)
Health Facilities: 57; Hospitals (3), Dispensaries (45), Health Centres (9)
Doctor to Population Ratio: 1:94,000
- It is a sports destination with the county holding safari rallies, golf tournaments and athletics tournaments. This could be developed further.
- Popular of its vast tea estates.
- Home of world renown and upcoming athletes
- Nandi Hills make for great Tourism Attraction site
- Residents are faces with land issues -> lack of title deeds
- Few Training facilities for athletes and existing ones in bad taste.